Virtual Writing Tutor
Screencast 1
Introduction
Hi everyone, my name is Angelina and today I am going to show you how to use a useful online source to check up your grammar and more!
I have been studying Paralegal Technology for the past 2 years at Ahuntsic College. Paralegal Technology is an interesting program that introduces you to the world of law. You learn multiple aspects, and it shows you many careers you can continue in like notary, attorney, bailiff and more. If you choose to go in this program, your lesson plan will be diversified. As an example, there are some classes that I did the last semester, Criminal Law, Civil Rights and Contracts. For my case, I would like to be an attorney because I want to help people access to their rights.
The Problem
Being an attorney, I might have to send emails in English to my customers or other lawyers. In those email, I will have to write down important and professional information. If I ever have bad writing skills in English, I won’t be taken seriously, and this is not what I want. To be understood by everyone, I must have a good level of writing in English.
To achieve this, I will use the Virtual Writing Tutor so it will help me improve my writing.
The Quest
To start, I will add a new tab in my search application and write down the URL in the address bar which is Virtual Writing Tutor.com
When you access to the website, you can see in the top left corner the logo, in the top right corner there are some icons if you would like to share this with a friend. Under the logo and the icons, is a navigation menu. In the middle of the screen is a text area where you can copy-paste the text you want to correct. In the bottom right corner of the text area are few buttons to help you with the pronunciation of the words such as microphone and text-to-speech.
The Solution
For my field of study, the most useful part of this website would be the “Check Grammar”.
To do so, you can write down the email you would like to send in the text area:
Hi Ms Anderson,
I just want to let you know that your statement is being checked out by the adverse team. Your trial should be on the 27th march, 10 am at the Montreal Courthouse, room 27-ABC.
Thanks,
Your lawyer,
Angelina Martel
Then, you click on the “Check Grammar” button and using the scroll bar you can go down and see the mistakes you have made in your text.
Not only it will tell you how many words you have written, but also the error density and the feedback of your errors.
The Conclusion
Now that I have presented to you how this website works, I hope you will use it because it can be useful.
Thanks for watching!
**************************************************************
Statistics
Word count: 484
Total MP3 length: 00:00
Target structure count: 13
Error count: 3
Error density: 1%
Comments
Post a Comment